Skip to main content

The butterfly effect

In the complex ecosystem of life even the smallest action will produce an effect that will matter. Every conscious and unconscious choice one makes -whether it is what we ate, the telemarketer's call we picked up, the friend's call we decided not to pick up, the project we decided to pass, the job we took-WILL alter our life in someway or the other.

Almost 50 years back, an american mathematician and meteorologists came up with the bizaare notion that "a butterfly flapping its wings in Brazil can produce a tornado in Texas" aka
THE BUTTERFLY EFFECT. The essence is that small causes can have large effects. This concept that was initially applied to weather has eventually found its place in economics,aerodynamics, chemistry....and well my life too..

Something as insignificant as you spending 5 minutes reading this post will change your life in ways you don't even know.
Caution- I don't claim to be writing earth-shattering content 
but the time you spend reading this could delay you 5 minutes for something else you intended to do or maybe keep you from reading something else or might make you google 'butterfly effect'. Whatever action you choose (consciously or unconsciously) could in the long run potentially alter your life in some teeny tiny way.
(PS I have used up all the physics and chemistry I knew in this post so be prepared to me dumbing in down in the ones to come )

"Chaos theory" further says that small alterations can give rise to strikingly great consequences. A trivial flapping of a butterfly's wings can cause a tornado. Well, my life was hit by an earthquake of its own; so imagine the tsumani level of ripple effect it has caused.I am taking baby steps at maintaining my balance on the tectonic shift that this earthquake has caused. I plan to share titbits of my life's chaos and in turn hope to cause at the very least a slight positive ripple effect in some distant space of my own.

Comments